Saturday, March 17, 2007

Potholes!

For anyone who lives in Edmonton right now you feel my pain! I cannot believe the number of potholes on the road! They say it would take 57 Million dollars to fix all the roads in the city.

Anyway, last week I went to meet some friends for supper and hit a huge pothole on 82nd Ave, when I got to the restaurant I looked at the front of my car to make sure nothing looked obviously wrong, but then I forgot about it. Then 2 days later at work a co-worker came into my office to tell me that my tire was completely flat - gah! Thank goodness he was nice enough to put the spare on for me! Have I mentioned that I have never changed a tire in my life? I almost made it to ** years of age without that knowledge too!

Then since it was a Saturday I couldn't get the tire fixed right away, I had to wake up early Sunday and get to Canadian Tire as soon as it opened. Then I walked to McDonalds to get breakfast while I waited and it turned out that their restaurant is being renovated so only the drive thru is open - and me without a car! I think it would be funny to walk through a drive thru but I'm just not brave enough to do it! So I walked to Tim Hortons instead - long story short there was a crack in the sidewall of the tire so I had to buy a new one.

Potholes!.....

5 comments:

Kelly said...

poor car! hey i just realized that pt backward is your initials. i can't believe i never noticed that.

Tammy said...

I like to think that it stands for Personal Tammy Cruiser:)

Kelly said...

ok, i'm not surprised...you are too cute!

Swoosh said...

The potholes are a bit ridiculous. I was driving in Cold Lake this weekend, and I almost lost the car! There was a place were they had put up pylons to warn you about the depth of the pit under the water, and you could barely see the tops of the cones. It's pretty bad. But you know what? Everyone complains about Bonnyville, but the snow cleaning and general street maintainance is by far superior to CL.

shinbone #4 said...

We can all agree the raods have gone to pot... I just wish sometimes I had the chutspah, the money and the energy to fill them all in myself.