Monday, March 12, 2007

I Bought a House!!


OK - technically, it's a townhouse condo (here is the first picture of it!!)- but I still bought it! I wanted to make sure everything was going to go through before I blogged about it so now I'll start from the beginning.


I've been looking at places online for a couple of months and recently I went to a show home right by my sisters place just to see the plans and the price. Then I decided to get a mortgage pre-approval so that I would know what I could afford. I ended up putting myself on the list of prospective buyers at this one condo townhouse development just so that I had the option of getting one of the units. Then the salesman called me last Monday to tell me that the deal on a unit with the exact floor plan that I wanted had fallen through and the unit was mine if I wanted it! I have never been more excited in my life! Then, the terror set in! I've been waiting since Thursday to see if I would get final mortgage approval, and it came through today!


My new place should be ready sometime in October of this year - Happy Birthday to Me! I will of course have a housewarming/birthday party/Halloween party? if the timing goes according to plan so keep some time open for a trip to Edmonton!


So, now some details...It's a 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath townhouse condo with a front attached 1 car garage. On the main floor there is a kitchen (with an island), dining room and living room (with fireplace) and a 1/2 bath. Then upstairs it is a 2 master bedroom concept with one room having walk in closets and an en suite and the other bedroom having 2 large closets. Then there is another bathroom and linen closet off the main hallway upstairs. It's also an end unit (the complex has 38 units in 6 sets of buildings that are either a 3-plex, 5-plex or 6-plex). I've put a link to the developers website so if you want to take a look at the floor plan go ahead! The plans also show the alternate main floor with a U shaped kitchen and the 3 bedroom upstairs.


So, given my obsessive tendencies I think we all know what I'll be driving myself crazy with over the next 7 months! Hmmm...now I get to pick out cabinets, carpet, lino, paint colours! Then comes the furniture! Oh my - it's a shoppers dream! This definitely makes up for my flat tire on Saturday (and subsequent purchase of a new tire on Sunday) - stupid pot holes - anyway that's another story which I should have blogged about yesterday, but now I'm too excited about the house!


OK - I think that's it, I'd better get to bed since I'm sure it will take me a while to fall asleep tonight!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

love it tammy! it looks very similar to another friend's place, except upstairs there are 2 master bedrooms and each have an ensuite...perfect for 2 single gals, hey? Congrats, and I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm sure you're just chomping at the bit to start picking colours! I would have to hire someone to do all the detail work for me...I'd probably have a nervous breakdown.

Tammy said...

I'm so excited to pick the colours - I can't wait until I get to go to the design centre! I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed by all the choices though - I'll probably bring Terry to give me a second opinion.

Swoosh said...

That's so exciting! I can't wait for a similar experience, but the more we wait, the less likely I think it will be. Neither of us want to live in the trailer forever, but buying a house seems so far away. I guess I will live vicariously through your exciting decisions!

Tammy said...

You know, I didn't think I'd be buying my own place for a while yet, but when the opportunity came up I had to go for it - I'm sure the same thing will happen for you guys!

Joy said...

You Bought a HOUSE!!!!! You are now a growen up:( So cool!! I wish I had a house or even a shed something to call mine. well I can't wait to move in ( lol) no really call me.

shinbone #4 said...

Yipee!!! Congratulations...
I'm so very happy for you. I pray it is a huge blessing.
I've been toying with the idea of buying a coffee shop - I may even have a backer - that would be cool huh?

Tammy said...

Tell me more about this coffee shop! I love any kind of coffee with chocolate mixed in!