Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Tax Season is over!!

Ok, yes I realize that it's been over for 9 days now, but I haven't had time to blog about it yet. Our firm did over 1400 personal tax returns this year (up about 86 from last year). I'm not sure how many I did, but it wasn't over 100. That's the nice thing about having so many people in the office now - the work gets spread out over a lot of people.

I did manage to snag some prizes though! I had the highest percentage of "clean" files which means that when they were reviewed there were no questions or changes made to them. Yay me!

On the 30th we had out annual end of tax season party which was a lot of fun. The firm rented a limo bus to pick us up at the office and drive us to the Brewsters downtown. I think we got there around 6pm and I didn't leave until after midnight.

It was a little bittersweet though - one of my good friends here at work, Elaine moved to another company and her last day was the 30th. It's a good thing that I'll see her at restaurant club each month! And our receptionist of a few years had left earlier that month as well. It created a bit of chaos towards the end of tax season but we got through it.

No comments: