Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I am Oblivious!

Ok,

Either I am completely oblivious and pay no attention to what is happening around me or my friends and family are very very good at keeping secrets! Now, I'm sure that they are very good at keeping secrets, but I'm even more sure that I am oblivious.

Why do you ask? Because I had no idea that they were planning a birthday party for me last friday night. I thought Jamie was having a candle party, and since she's come to a couple for me I was going to hers. My first clue should have been that the party was scheduled to start pretty late - 8:30pm. My second clue was that neither Jamie or Terry talked much about it before hand. The third clue was that Terry was entirely too excited about the party on Friday after work. She kept saying that she was so excited, and when I asked her why she said it was because she wanted to show everyone her new partylite bag. Yeah...I thought that was weird, but I made no connection to my birthday! Sneaky, sneaky people! Clue # 4 - Pierre came with us - they said to check out Jamie and Todd's new computer and then go shopping. Why I didn't question that since the malls close at 9pm I have no idea - again Oblivious!

Then we get to Jamie's and there are a bunch of people there already hanging out in the dining room. My first thought you ask? I'm afraid that the anal retentive side of me came out in full force - I only asked if we were late! For Pete's sake!

Well, Todd got a little video of me being surprised - if you ask nicely I might show it to you since he made a Tammy's Birthday DVD for me - there is an incredibly long video of us waiting for the sparklers on the cake to go out as well. Then we just hung out, had some cake etc.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to me! I've never had a surprise party before!

Thanks Jamie and Terry! And Everyone who could make it :)

No comments: